Android App für Senseboxen

Hi Leute,

im Zuge eines vergangenen Forschungsprojektes an der TU Dresden habe ich einen Prototyp einer Android-App gebaut, der anhand der eigenen GPS-Daten feststellt, welche Senseboxen in einem auswählbaren Radius um einen herum stationiert sind und kann von diesen Boxen deren Daten anfordern. Eine Funktion verrechnet bestimmte Daten und errechnet daraus Warnungen, z.B. aus Luftfeuchtigkeit und Temperatur den Hitze-Index (Schwüle) und aus den UV-Werten den UV-Index.

Hier ist ein Video, was die App zeigt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un8nXueEqA8

Ich suche Beta-Tester für die App, die mir noch mehr Feedback geben.

Ausserdem würde mich interessieren, welche Ideen ihr noch für Apps habt, die mit Sensebox-Daten arbeiten.

Wer hat Interesse? Kurz melden im Forum oder direkt Mail an mich: torsten.holmer@tu-dresden.de

Beste Grüße
Torsten

3 Likes

Moin Torsten,

darf ich im English reden?
We, at UCLL, are actually researching the opensensemap project to implement this as a citizen science project in our city of Leuven. Therefore, your app seems a nice enchancement for the citizens to know where his sensebox is and to notify the user if the PM levels are exceeding a certain ‘danger’ limit.
Could you distribute your app somewhere? So I can test it on its features and eventually make some suggestions?

Dank vielmal!

Hi wdebbaut,

thanks for your interest :slight_smile:

Of course, we can talk in English. I think the best way to communicate is by email. So, please write to torsten.holmer@tu-dresden.de

Cheers,
Torsten

You can also use my android apps for notifying about PM and AQI levels:

1. Air Quality and Pollution: Luftdaten
  2. Air Quality and Pollution: openSenseMap
  3. Air Quality Index: know AQI around the world

Thanks you Alex,

it is really an added value for our students in the sense that they have the visualisation in their own hands now from their own build sensebox around the city of Leuven.
Appreciate it.

1 Like